Grading an assessment
Note: To complete the procedures in this document,
you need to be assigned a role that has the necessary permissions. To
find out what your role is, follow the directions in Participant roles. To see a list of what permissions are
associated with a given role, see Permissions, roles, and tools. For a basic understanding of roles and
permissions, see Permissions and Roles: Overview.
Note: The instructions below are applicable
if you are giving an assessment, such as Short Answer/Essay or File Upload, that requires instructor evaluation.
Assessments that have definite answers, such as multiple choice, are
To grade an assessment in Tests &
Quizzes, follow the directions below:
- In the menubar of the relevant worksite, click
- Under "Published Assessments" find the assessment you
wish to grade. Under the name of the assessment, click
- You will see a list of all student submissions. Click the
name of a student to grade the student's assessment.
- You will see the student's answers. Evaluate an answer.
For each question, you will see a field, next to the number of the
question, to enter a point value. To the right of this field, you will
see how many total points the question is worth. Enter in the value that the student received.
- Below the student's answer, you will see a field for your
comments. If you wish to provide feedback to the student about the
question, you may write it here.
- When you have graded every question, click
- You will then see the updated grade.
This is document athj.
Last modified on January 17, 2006.