Groups are subsets of participants for a given worksite. You access
groups through the Site Info or Worksite Setup tool. Groups are not
preloaded with official course data, and can therefore be created by
the instructor. Groups are useful to organize study groups, project
teams, and other, non-official subsets of worksite participants.
Groups have the following attributes:
- Groups are managed through the Site Info tool. They are also
accessible through Worksite Setup in My Workspace.
- Groups may have a title.
- Groups are not populated with official course data.
- An instructor may create an ad hoc teaching assistant by
assigning a participant a specific role, such as Assistant.
- Groups can be used with the Announcements, Gradebook, and
To create a group through Site Info, follow the instructions below:
- In the relevant course or project site, click
- In the "Title" field, enter a title for
your group, e.g.,
Project team 1 .
- From the window on the
left, select a worksite participant to add to the group. Then, click
Add to group > .
- Repeat until you have added
all the members you wish to the group. When you have finished, click
This is document atcs.
Last modified on January 31, 2006.